Councillor Glenys Roberts has pulled together many local people and groups to organise the event including Berwick Street Market, Lights of Soho, Shaftesbury, The Crown Estate, Enstar Capital, PMB Holdings, Gamesys, Randall and Aubin, Duck and Rice, Interserve, Soho Community Bakers, Soho Dairy, So High Soho, Sohost, Westminster City Council and Comm Comm UK.
- Christmas lights and festive neon signs are being installed by Soho’s very own Gods Own Junkyard to create a unique and very Soho take on the traditional theme
- Christmas carols will be performed by children from Soho Parish School and this will be followed with festive songs by acclaimed jazz musician, Charlie Wood
- Mince pies and mulled wine will be provided by local businesses and community groups for everyone to enjoy
- Berwick Street Market stalls and shops will remain open until 8pm for anyone who wants to do some Christmas shopping.
Councillor Glenys Roberts, Westminster City Councillor, West End ward, says:
“We are extremely excited to revive the spirit of Soho with this year’s festive neon lights. After having the event for the first time last year, we are expanding onto Brewer Street and have a fun-filled community event planned for young and old. I am delighted that local businesses have been so wonderful in supporting this year’s event. There will be music, singing, food and drink and I’d like to invite everyone down to Berwick Street to celebrate the spirit of Soho.”
- The event will be at Berwick Street Market on Tuesday 6 December, 5pm-8pm
- Berwick Street is a vibrant and diverse mixed-used neighbourhood in the heart of Soho, London
- Lights of Soho - http://lightsofsoho.com/
- Randall and Aubin - http://www.randallandaubin.com/